• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
In term of game releases Sony's strong quarters are usually Q1/Q2. Starting at around February and ending in July but sometimes they have titles in Q3.

Q4 has big titles once and awhile but it isn't as frequent in SIE releases as the other Quarters

knack2bae

Banned
Oct 23, 2021
Crazy to think in the next 3 months and 1 week, Sony will be releasing two big games, and their only ones with set release dates.
Yeah its a packed first 3-4 months for Sony.

January - God of War PC
January / February - Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection PS5
February - Horizon Forbidden West
February / March - Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection PC
March - Gran Turismo 7

Then MLB 22 in April, and some more PC ports soon as well surely.

Along with SIFU in February and Forspoken probably coming around April-May.

Probably will have a State of Play in February-April too.

Gothar

Jul 7, 2021
Dallas
I also feel Holland just be saying shit sometimes. The dude does like to troll and i doubt he's turning down the money they are offering him. But yea this will probably be his last trilogy of movies and they'll hopefully set up Miles.

If he's going to be in the next two trilogies, the man is gonna likely end the series when he's close to 40. They're gonna have to let him pass the torch somehow before then.

Don't think he's intentionally trolling, he's just getting in that "I'm a serious actor, now" mode. After things like The Devil All the Time and Cherry, he's wanting to move into these serious stuff and doesn't want the whole Marvel thing interfering (as there's a ton of time taken). He also knows he's getting too old and needs to move on. Loves the money, but his ego is begging for Oscar bait.

Knight

Jul 26, 2020
Italy
Next year will have many awesome games but what makes me even more hyped about 2022 is VR2. Can't wait to learn more about it and its line-up of titles.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I seriously hope this Omicron stuff won't lead to another delaypocalypse.

What you're largely seeing now is just precautions. There's nothing to indicate right now that this is going to be any serious step back in the fight against COVID overall. But since it's still new there isn't much data on it, so countries are just trying to get things into place to make sure that they aren't caught on their backfoot if it's a bad mutation of it.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
I still find it hard to believe that Forspoken is right around the corner. It just doesn't feel like a Spring 2022 game yet.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Forspoken will hopefully fill that inFamous shaped hole in my heart.
traversal looks excellent
I still find it hard to believe that Forspoken is right around the corner. It just doesn't feel like a Spring 2022 game yet.
I dont expect it to come until end of may early June. Imo. Still about 5-6 months away. We probally get a date in Jan and more information. After that and more game play etc. prob a state of play for it in march,April.

Icepick_1878

Nov 29, 2017
I have to say the DualSense is absolutely amazing.

I played halfway through GoT before the director's cut was announced which led me to wait for it. After finishing the director's cut on PS5 I now felt the urge to go back to the game and also platinum the Ps4 version. For the first hour I thought my controller was broken. It was fine after a while but if you are used to the DualSense features it's hard to go back.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Playing Horizon Zero Dawn with the PS5 controller... bliss. I know it doesn't have haptics or anything but it just feels right. PS5 controller is the best.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Just ordered a 4TB Firecuda 530, I'm ready for the big games to start dropping next year

Edlin Ring, Horizon, GT7, Forespoken, God War, etc.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
TIL you can't delete individual saves on PS5. What a stupid thing that is. Playing Skyrim AE, the delete button is there so thought, huh I'll delete some of these old saves I don't need........huh doesn't do anything. So I go to Options and yeah can only delete everything. PS4 saves, no problem just pick what you want. PS5 - go fuck yourself, thanks Sony.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
TIL you can't delete individual saves on PS5. What a stupid thing that is. Playing Skyrim AE, the delete button is there so thought, huh I'll delete some of these old saves I don't need........huh doesn't do anything. So I go to Options and yeah can only delete everything. PS4 saves, no problem just pick what you want. PS5 - go fuck yourself, thanks Sony.
is it possible its just how the game saves? Can you delete in game?

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
is it possible its just how the game saves? Can you delete in game?
Far as I can tell - in-game, specifically Skyrim AE you cannot delete saves - the hit square button to delete icon does nothing when pressed. Again, far as I can tell - out of game and in the relevant Options you can only delete the Save File. If you go to the relevant Option for PS4 saves, you can choose which saves to delete. PS5 - it's all of them or none.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
The PS5 save system is now a container controlled by the game code. So if it doesn't work, it's Bethesda who needs to patch their code.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
The PS5 save system is now a container controlled by the game code. So if it doesn't work, it's Bethesda who needs to patch their code.
Okay, so you can delete saves in-game in other games? I never tested any as I only noticed while playing Skyrim AE. A quick google and I saw posts about other PS5 games so I assumed it was system-wide. I'll have to check other games then but it's a feature in Skyrim PS4 so I assumed it was a Sony Fault and not Bethesda.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got around to buyind Dreams! Only $10. I sometimes buy mexican food worth more than that. Time to see what I can create in it!

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Okay, so you can delete saves in-game in other games? I never tested any as I only noticed while playing Skyrim AE. A quick google and I saw posts about other PS5 games so I assumed it was system-wide. I'll have to check other games then but it's a feature in Skyrim PS4 so I assumed it was a Sony Fault and not Bethesda.
Spiderman, Ghost of Tsushima, and others have save slots within the game so you would pretty much manage your game saves inside the game.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Big grain of salt incoming, but Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection might be releasing on May 4th on PS5.
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/uncharted-legacy-of-thieves-collection/
The html file of this page has a release date time stamp corresponding with May 4th 2022.
This is later than expected and would presumably mean the remaster collection has been delayed from its early 2022 launch, but this might just be a completely random placeholder given May 4th is a Wednesday.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just bought Demon's souls. Got a notification it was $40 on PS Store. Never finished it on PS3. Can't wait to hop back in.

Edit: It's like every game on my wishlist went on sale today 🤑

Last edited:

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Big grain of salt incoming, but Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection might be releasing on May 4th on PS5.
The html file of this page has a release date time stamp corresponding with May 4th 2022.
This is later than expected and would presumably mean the remaster collection has been delayed from its early 2022 launch, but this might just be a completely random placeholder given May 4th is a Wednesday.
This is brand new.
Twitter do your thing and spread this.

knack2bae

Banned
Oct 23, 2021
Idk. Game has already been rated, which means its around 2 months away. Uncharted movie is February. February is "early 2022."

I'll still guess its announced for February at The Keighleys.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Idk. Game has already been rated, which means its around 2 months away. Uncharted movie is February. February is "early 2022."

I agree that a February release makes the most sense, just reporting my findings as reality often doesn't meet with our expectations.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

Those ratings don't necessarily indicate a date. A good example is that Katana Zero was rated for the PS4 back in March and it's yet to even be officially announced for the console.

Getting in before the borders potentially close.

Deleted member 95442

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2021
Hot take time… the writing in Mass Effect is abominable. I'm now playing Mass Effect: Legendary edition. Crazy to think the last time I played ME1 was in 2006… 15 years ago lol.

Mass Effect was one of my games of the generation for the PS360 era. This game is insanely cheesy. Borderline juvenile. I'm still enjoying the game, albeit dumbfoundedly. My memory of how awesome this game was is way off.

I never got around to playing ME2 or ME3 so I am banking on a steep increase to the overall quality of, well, everything. Story, dialogue, voice acting, guest design, level design, gameplay, music, sound, everything. Otherwise, Mass Effect may go down as one of the most overrated series in my all-time rankings.

Thats why I didn't even try Legendary edition. I am still holding out for a proper remake with a consistent world building and a sensible ending. If ME4 bombs then that scenario would be quite likely, hopefully with a partnership with PS Studios.

knack2bae

Banned
Oct 23, 2021
I agree that a February release makes the most sense, just reporting my findings as reality often doesn't meet with our expectations.
The May date could be for the PC release. Who knows right?

Those ratings don't necessarily indicate a date. A good example is that Katana Zero was rated for the PS4 back in March and it's yet to even be officially announced for the console.
Interesting. Thanks.

restrand

May 23, 2021
It's probably some placeholder, if you try it with GoW Ragnarok it says it's coming January 9, 2022 and no way it releases that early

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I said I only expect news at the VGAs and next year at the start of February, I wouldn't mind more more nice news before the VGA season starts.

Not even a game update but just news on direction or something, plans, another acquisition of some small dev close to PS, etc...

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Even though I said I only expect news at the VGAs and next year at the start of February, I wouldn't mind more more nice news before the VGA season starts.

Not even a game update but just news on direction or something, plans, another acquisition of some small dev close to PS, etc...
We could get another Sony investment in another gaming company since they like doing that on a monthly basis. Maybe a larger Epic Games investment? Then again I don't know when the funding rounds for these companies are.

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019

Wouldn't be too surprised by this. Seems Sony likes to put the sequels to games, remasters, etc. on the same month that reflects the date of an original title (ie. Horizon released Feb. 2017 - sequel Feb. 2022).

Status
Not open for further replies.