• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Them being so secretive about the release date (last official news was Q1 this year) makes me wonder if it might be a PS+ game.
That would be a potentially nice get, if so.

Kena gives me sort of Concrete Genie vibes in terms of scope and budget. I could see it getting similar (~75 MC) reviews, too. Which would be fine.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
That would be a potentially nice get, if so.

Kena gives me sort of Concrete Genie vibes in terms of scope and budget. I could see it getting similar (~75 MC) reviews, too. Which would be fine.
People need to go into that game with realistic expectations lol. Apparently toxic studio who's only prior work is a fan animation? Yeah I hope the community in general knows that they wont be getting some GOTY contender.

Oct 25, 2017
Queen's being too lenient on bans.

Fuck the acquisition talk. This is the banworthy convo's.
Indeed, totally unacceptable. We can't let these rapscallions to bad mouth forever. It is time for change. It is time to put respect on Peanut Butter.

Don't Be A Nutter, Respect Peanut Butter

------

In other news, I'm getting closer to Hitman 3 platinum. Over half-way through!

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
People need to go into that game with realistic expectations lol. Apparently toxic studio who's only prior work is a fan animation? Yeah I hope the community in general knows that they wont be getting some GOTY contender.

I expect nothing less than a 10/10 game that heralds in a new standard of video games.

Or you know... a nice relaxing game I can comfortably play inside a weekend. 🙄

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
Oh yeah, now that I think about it. Since Kena is probably coming Q1, do you all think that the release will be revealed at some SoP and it's indicative that it will happen soon or they will just drop it on Twitter or some other boring way?

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Here's to hoping everyone in PlayStation Era has a great weekend

giphy.gif
😂

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
How the hell do people not suck in DAS? I've been playing a lot and I'm still allways bottom feeder only. It's getting a bit frustrating a bit.
Also, netcode and collision detection is appears to be pretty poor. Sometimes I get totaled by just a near miss.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing Control and Nioh 2 Remastered.

Control I have to replay again cause last time I was right at the first dlc and I'm thankful I can do one hit kill and no damage to blast through the story.

Nioh 2 I forgot how hard this fucking game was lol I'm at the 2nd dlc and man its a good kind of pain I guess.

Knight

Jul 26, 2020
Italy
Oh yeah, now that I think about it. Since Kena is probably coming Q1, do you all think that the release will be revealed at some SoP and it's indicative that it will happen soon or they will just drop it on Twitter or some other boring way?
Since Navtra said that the reveal of the PS5 version of FF VII Remake should be this month and there's also Life is Strange 3 to be announced (soon after FF XIV expansion reveal, so we should be close), I believe there's a chance Sony might do a SoP in February with those games and with Kena showing up with a release date (if it's still on track for Q1). But they can also just drop everything on Twitter and call it a day of course, lol.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao. I need context.
After googling "Peanut butter PlayStation" out of pure curiosity last night I found a random YouTube video of some guy putting peanut butter on his PS5 and then playing Cyberpunk afterwards. It's so random but I knew I had to make it into a gif for all of you as it'd be perfect so I did 😛
Queen's being too lenient on bans.

Fuck the acquisition talk. This is the banworthy convo's.

I'm a big softie, it's true. I ❤️ you all though, if people get themselves banned then there'll be less of you in this OT to witness the various hot takes!

Indeed, totally unacceptable. We can't let these rapscallions to bad mouth forever. It is time for change. It is time to put respect on Peanut Butter.

Don't Be A Nutter, Respect Peanut Butter

------

In other news, I'm getting closer to Hitman 3 platinum. Over half-way through!

Choosy Mods Choose Jif

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Think I'll try Control tonight for a little bit before I start LiS. Will be nice to finally play a game for the first time in almost 2 months.

Those of you playing it how are you enjoying it?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Think I'll try Control tonight for a little bit before I start LiS. Will be nice to finally play a game for the first time in almost 2 months.

Those of you playing it how are you enjoying it?
It's pretty cool so far (couple hours in). 30fps mode feels like responsive than I hoped it would, so thinking about going to 60fps. Wish I didn't have to lose ray-tracing, but 60fps feels so much better in this game.

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019
Since Navtra said that the reveal of the PS5 version of FF VII Remake should be this month and there's also Life is Strange 3 to be announced (soon after FF XIV expansion reveal, so we should be close), I believe there's a chance Sony might do a SoP in February with those games and with Kena showing up with a release date (if it's still on track for Q1). But they can also just drop everything on Twitter and call it a day of course, lol.

Just so no one is disappointed: those are just educated guesses. I know LiS3, DS:Extended, & FF7R PS5 exist. I don't know when they'll be revealed. And even if I know, those dates are never set in stone. ^^

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Just so no one is disappointed: those are just educated guesses. I know LiS3, DS:Extended, & FF7R PS5 exist. I don't know when they'll be revealed. And even if I know, those dates are never set in stone. ^^
Do you have any idea what date that they're trying to aim for FFVIIR? I assume we're getting the PC/Xbox versions April 10th, curious to see if they try and get this new version out by then as well

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia

Take note that FFVIIR will probably be announced at the Japanese concert that's happening in a few days.

Do you know anything about what the FFVIIR upgrade will be like? Like is it just 60fps, higher resolution and fixing the texture issues? Or something... grander?

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I really, really, really, REALLY hope both FF7R and DS Remastered have upgrade paths, the former I never bothered to truly finish because of loading, corridors and boring pacing for me(although I saw the last parts on youtube) and the latter I really want to visit, having to re-buy these two games would be such a pain in the ass.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
I really, really, really, REALLY hope both FF7R and DS Remastered have upgrade paths, the former I never bothered to truly finish because of loading, corridors and boring pacing for me(although I saw the last parts on youtube) and the latter I really want to visit, having to re-buy these two games would be such a pain in the ass.
What's the point of re-buying a game you don't enjoy on a next gen console? It's not going to fundamentally change the game. If you found it boring on PS4, you're gonna find it boring on PS5.

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019
Do you have any idea what date that they're trying to aim for FFVIIR? I assume we're getting the PC/Xbox versions April 10th, curious to see if they try and get this new version out by then as well

Do you know anything about what the FFVIIR upgrade will be like? Like is it just 60fps, higher resolution and fixing the texture issues? Or something... grander?

The thing is, the port was supposed to be announced in the Future of Gaming event alongside Athia, XVI & Avenger's Spider-Man. Those announcements were spread out in the past few months and only this port remains.

8 months have passed though and there's the possibility my information might be outdated by now, that's why I chose not to talk much about the content of the port and just confirm its existence. I guess there's also the possibility it might've been canceled but I highly doubt that's the case.

Here's what I last heard, though: It's releasing for PS5/PC (No Xbox) and it's a bit more substantial than a resolution increase. There's new story content.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
The thing is, the port was supposed to be announced in the Future of Gaming event alongside Athia, XVI & Avenger's Spider-Man. Those announcements were spread out in the past few months and only this port remains.

8 months have passed though and there's the possibility my information might be outdated by now, that's why I chose not to talk much about the content of the port and just confirm its existence. I guess there's also the possibility it might've been canceled but I highly doubt that's the case.

Here's what I last heard, though: It's releasing for PS5/PC (No Xbox) and it's a bit more substantial than a resolution increase. There's new story content.
If theres new story stuff, Itll be interesting to see if they take the DMC5SE route. New substantial content can be bought as DLC for the PS4 version but if you want that plus PS5 features you fork up the full 60 bucks again

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
What's the point of re-buying a game you don't enjoy on a next gen console? It's not going to fundamentally change the game. If you found it boring on PS4, you're gonna find it boring on PS5.
I do not find the game boring, I like most of the characters, the combat is cool and the overall story is interesting, it's the pacing combined with the slow loadings+awful corridors that putted me off, and at the time we were starting the quarantine here which also didn't help, 60FPS + fast loadings would very likely make the experience better for me and is the way that I want to revisit it, and there is also the possibility of some QOL improvements.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017

new story content.. day one

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia

Yeah, I did hear rumours about the cut Tifa mission being added in. I'll be interested to see what else they'll do - and whether or not there's an upgrade path.

I do not find the game boring, I like most of the characters, the combat is cool and the overall story is interesting, it's the pacing combined with the slow loadings+awful corridors that putted me off, and at the time we were starting the quarantine here which also didn't help, 60FPS + fast loadings would very likely make the experience better for me and is the way that I want to revisit it, and there is also the possibility of some QOL improvements.

Unfortunately the corridors ain't gonna be fixed - the level design is set in stone at this point. 2 second loading times would totally be possible though.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Masahiro Ito just posted a test image of something he made rendered on the Unreal Engine 4 underneath this tweet to show the engine comparison:

Someone underneath it asked him about Yamaoka and Silent Hill, to which he said "I don't know." Someone else responded with this tagging Konami:

Ito has since deleted the image. I'm not sure if it means anything (other than people should stop bothering him about unannounced projects), but that was odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.