• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight

Jul 26, 2020
Italy
Wow, the thread got spicy :D

Just read about FF VII Remake PS5. At this point I'm glad I haven't bought it on PS4! :)

KatharsisT Thank you so much for all the interesting info you're sharing, love this kind of posts :)

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Insiders be like

tenor.gif

I'm all in. I hope the Sony event is rather sooner than later.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Square announcements are piling up. We're getting XIV's next expansion's reveal next month and VIIR PS5 & Life is Strange 3 should be soon after.

More Max & Chloe probably isn't happening, but I at least hope it's set in a static location that feels as fleshed out and 'lived in' as Arcadia Bay, if not Arcadia Bay.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Does anybody know if Bloodborne remastered is actually a thing? I would love if Bluepoint did it

bloodborne-otec-gaskoyn.jpg
Honestly, any porting house giving it a bit of love with higher resolution and better performance would make me pay full retail price for a brand new SKU. It's one of the easiest sells they have in their portfolio and I can't believe they haven't done something with it yet. I don't know the exact economical numbers behind this project but I feel Bloodborne has grown into a pretty popular thing. I don't see a staggering amount of work needed to re-release something like this and wouldn't they make their ROI pretty much day 1?

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
So I am guessing Destruction AllStars is releasing around February 2nd for PS+ so maybe we might get some digital event with the smallest being a SoP solely for DAS before then?

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
How many copies does Resident Evil sell nowadays? 7-10 million?

I think there is a good chance that a good Silent Hill game could do 3-5 million copies.

But yeah, horror games are usually on the lighter side of AAA budgets.
Pretty sure the last Resident Evil sold as much as the entirety of the Silent Hill franchise.
There is no reason to expect a Silent Hill game will sell anywhere as much as a Resident Evil title.

So Japan Studio is making Silent Hill. But Toyama, who created Silent Hill, and was employed at Sony until recently, decided to leave Japan Studio before the rebirth of his franchise was completed let alone announced, to start his own studio...?

Deleted member 62769

Jan 6, 2020
Square announcements are piling up. We're getting XIV's next expansion's reveal next month and VIIR PS5 & Life is Strange 3 should be soon after.
I don't expect it but I hope Max & Chloe returns. For me they are Life is Strange. I couldn't get excited for Life is Strange 2 with the new characters.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope all this Konami stuff is fake. Continues to seem like a terrible decision to me.

I'll be particularly upset if Bluepoint really is just chained to remaking MGS games for the entire generation. That would be so, so underwhelming. So many other IP that I'd rather see remade/rebooted, and I was really hoping to see a new IP from them this gen, especially if they are getting bought by Sony. Just massively disappointed if these rumors are true.

And I even like MGS, but I don't really have an interest in this. I liked the games when I was a kid, but again, I'm not sure how well received a game like MGS2 would be today. It's got like 4 hours of gameplay and 6 hours of cutscenes lol.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
So.

- Silent Hill by Japan Studio is (still) real
- Sony is acquiring Bluepoint and they'll work on multiple Metal Gear Remakes
- There's a PS5 version of FFVII Remake
- Life Is Strange 3 will be announced this year

It may be the day with the most "news" since the PS5 Showcase in September.

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
So I am guessing Destruction AllStars is releasing around February 2nd for PS+ so maybe we might get some digital event with the smallest being a SoP solely for DAS before then?

I searched but didn't see it. Has there been any news of Destruction AllStars going gold yet?

I look forward to playing it when it drops. I hope this PS+ arrangement is a good deal for the developers.

I just started playing Ghost of Tsushima (on PS5) and....wow. I'm still really just getting started. I haven't even been introduced to all of the mechanics that are visible in the menu but this game has already gotten its hooks in me. The combat is like Demon's Souls where if you rush into battle bad things will happen. I have to remember to plan my attack and be patient. Any enemy in the game can end you pretty easily.

It's a shame I've not heard anyone around here ever mention this game....it's pretty good. ;-)

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
isn't this the same person that said silent hill is going to be shown for 1/2 and year and bet their account on it or am I confusing members?

killa2max

May 17, 2018
Seattle, WA
What are the odds we see a revival of SOCOM on PS5. Tactical shooters are as big as ever with Siege, CS:GO, and Valorant. I just hope Sony realizes that and tries to make another push with the series.

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
So.

haha, okay. I haven't been checking the new OT in a while but sounds like I need to go back. Multiple Metal Gear remakes!?

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019
Thanks for the info Navtra, whilst you're here though..

Should we be getting excited about any of these? :D

I'm not sure what those are tbh. Ever Crisis sounds like it may be the umbrella name for the Remake project going forward but that's just a guess.

I doubt it. It's probably going to be another new story.

It's a new story but it's closer in tone & vibes to 1. It's also queer af which is something I always appreciate. :lol

Magog

Banned
Jan 9, 2021
It will be interesting to see what first party stuff they will have for 2022. Most of their studios either released a game recently or have one planned for this year. A stand alone Last of Us 2 expansion perhaps like Left Behind and Lost Legacy?

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what those are tbh. Ever Crisis sounds like it may be the umbrella name for the Remake project going forward but that's just a guess.

It's a new story but it's closer in tone & vibes to 1. It's also queer af which is something I always appreciate. :lol

Any idea when we should be getting those announcements? (I mean, VIIR for PS5, LiS 3 and stuff).

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So.

Source for the Metal Gear bluepoint stuff?I haven't followed the thread

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
The most exciting thing for me right now is a Final Fantasy 7R PS5 version with....HOPEFULLY some new content. But hey, even if it's just a high-res door that they added il take it :p

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It will be interesting to see what first party stuff they will have for 2022. Most of their studios either released a game recently or have one planned for this year. A stand alone Last of Us 2 expansion perhaps like Left Behind and Lost Legacy?

I think Naughty Dog said they're done doing projects like that. Especially with Factions already kind of filling that kind of "gap" for their staff. They'll probably transition to their next full-size project soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.