• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
"Hangar 13 Games is still actively hiring for their AAA multi-platform new IP game. The studio behind Mafia 3 and the recently released Mafia Definitive Edition confirmed as early as July 2018 they are working on a new IP. It was described as "the project we're working on right now is something that I think is incredibly unique, but also something that I think is going to appeal to a hell of a lot of people." The senior writer job opening seems to suggest narrative is important and the game might be set in a sci-fi/fantasy world: "You love stories. You love consuming them, you love creating them, and you love dissecting them. An appreciation for multiple genres (not just fantasy and sci-fi) is preferred." This also translates into a Animator job listing that searches for somebody that "can create stunning animation for human and non-human characters".

The project also seems to have some online components as several online focussed job openings are available. Applicants are to help "give players a fantastic online experience." Further explained in other joblistings "leading the overall design effort for our online features; to include defining matchmaking requirements and algorithms, holding the vision for major online features such as guilds or live events, working with the systems team to ensure online play tuning and balance and collaborating with art and design leads to put together future content roadmaps."

Other frequently returning elements across joblistings are open world game, experience in Action, 1P / 3P games and narrative rich experience. Its also using Hangar 13' propietary engine. Hangar 13 currently operates across 4 different locations located in Novato (US), Brighton (UK), Brno & Prague (Czech Repulic). It is unconfirmed if Mafia 4 is also in development at Hangar 13.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't let this "unique" project be yet another destiny wanna be that dies within the first few months.

deadasdisco

Jun 10, 2018
There was a reddit document leak mentioning an open world sci-fi game with elements similar to Second Son. I missed the original post as it was ultimately taken down by a copyright claim - still it's a rumour. Here's the only article about it, I never bothered posting on Era.

deadasdisco

Jun 10, 2018
There was a reddit document leak mentioning an open world sci-fi game with elements similar to Second Son. I missed the original post as it was ultimately taken down by a copyright claim - still it's a rumour. Here's the only article about it, I never bothered posting on Era.
Also they are apparently working on three projects at the moment.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I am always so intrigues at the start of Era threads.. then I get to second sentence about Online/multiplayer and I just get pissed off lol.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What about Mafia 4000?
mafia innnn spacccceee
Mafia 4000 set in space with multiple alien crime families?

I am down.

Hopefully we still get a mafia 4 sooner rather then later alongside this, really enjoy the franchise. Hope this works out for them but these days I'm pretty weary of anything advertising online services as a selling point so we'll see.
Agreed.

Mafia 4 was supposed to be in Vegas and I was really hyped for something like that.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I actually really love Hangar 13. Mafia III's writing was really wonderful, and a great take on the franchise even with the city takeover mechanics. Mafia Definitive Edition is absolutely brilliant- and I can't wait to see what this new project is!

nath999

May 7, 2018
Not surprising most of Haden Blackman writing career has been about Star Wars, Marvel and DC.