• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
New news, new thread:

Okay, so I guess I'll just come clean here... I'm talking about Resident Evil Village. The game's terrible performance at the PS5 reveal event with the terrible frame rate present in the trailer was kinda' the current status of the game on PS5 as of a few months ago. The thing is, apparently the game runs perfectly on Xbox X, they've been having some troubles getting the frame rate stable on PS5 (which as Sony had a rule to record the PS5 event gameplay on PS5, lead to the weird frame showing in that trailer). But it's running in the RE Engine, and they'll be making more optimizations to take advantage of the game there.

[...]Yes, but the game had issues also at 1080p. I'm not just speaking of the trailer, though you can clearly see it in the trailer, which I had asked further about and lead to this point.

The game has been updated a lot since the PS4 Pro version (character models, effects already, it's a WIP), but the build where it's at notably was only having issues on PS5. There's any number of reasons for that and I don't know the specifics, just I know that tidbit, and it is true. However I also know Capcom has some very talented people, the engine is very customizable, so it'll probably be working perfectly by launch, but it's an odd notable thing, though I should've clarified my comment was on the one game.

Pretty shocking. Hope they can fix it until release.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Well, that's embarrassing. I'm not sure whether it's more embarrassing for Sony or for Capcom, though.

Taurus

Banned
Jun 15, 2018
Lol, this is going to be a fun thread.

Someone tell Capcom how to use the power of the SSD.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
That RE8 footage with the little snips of gameplay was like 15fps. lol. It was weird why they were showing it but I guess that is nice that the PS5 showing stayed true to showing games running on PS5.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Is this that shocking? Game is far from release. There could be a million reasons why the XSX build is better at the moment.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
Shit like this just makes me sad how expensive 8core processors are....Next gen will be sadness for the first 2 years while I save up.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Or he is mistaking it from the PS4 Pro version that was playtested. We have video of it running at 4k30.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The game's still a ways out. It'll be fine.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
tenor.gif

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Well, that explains the weird frame rate issues in the trailer.

Hope Capcom resolves it soon. This game probably has a few more months or even a year in the oven, so I hope that's enough to keep all versions stable.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Are we sure he's not mixing up the PS4 Pro playtests with the PS5 version? Dusk can get a bit carried away at times.

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
Game in development is not running perfectly on a new console. Not sure how the hell this is surprising. This will ironed out at launch, I would not worry about that.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Yes the Series X is the more powerful machine, but it's not gonna do 4k while the PS5 is only doing 1080p.

The performance on both consoles will be similar by launch.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't require a new thread, especially with the game so far off that it won't have been through any optimisation.

I am waiting for the Sega Saturn version anyway (4MB RAM cart required).

Status
Not open for further replies.