• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What team?

• #TeamReal

Votes: 502 37.1%
  • #TeamFake

Votes: 850 62.9%

• Total voters

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Not sure why people think the controller is fake. Looks like it's probably just an older dev unit or something. They're not going to release a retail controller in black with the same white buttons as the white controller. -_-

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_20201002_205233.jpg
Could've bought one next-gen game with that cash.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
A person really paid to have the leak UI video. That's a dedication.

But then, if he paid with Paypal, I heard that the chargeback/refund could be easy to do on that platform though, in case the payer needs a money return.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Not sure why people think the controller is fake. Looks like it's probably just an older dev unit or something. They're not going to release a retail controller in black with the same white buttons as the white controller. -_-
This or they just painted the whole thing since it looks like that instead of black plastic.

Sweep14

Oct 27, 2017
Yeahh... A console that can stand vertically has this kind of hole on the side panel, of course...

drive.google.com

IMG_20201003_093636.jpg

EDIT : Humm....After thinking about it, seems it's located under the BD drive. Maybe the disk manual ejection system ?

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
I really don't know. The black controller is hideous, and this could totally be fake...but it could be real.
The guy selling 30 seconds of footage stopping there is a huge dick though.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Isn't that what they're doing? Increasing the tension and the hype?
allow me to introduce you to the concept of edging
There is intentional hype driving and then there is just...this. I feel like despite the time still to wait until launch, the more Microsoft talks of their console and its feature sets, the more Sony shrinks to the back. Though in saying that, at any moment Sony could show just a picture of something inane like user selector and people will go mental.

amstradcpc

Oct 27, 2017
Crappy camera
Dusty screen with fingerprints
Russian UI

The way Sony intended it to be revealed

e12.png
What is worse, Sony people is lurking this thread and instead rushing one of tomorrows hands on or release an UI video they do nothing. In this social networks age you must be faster to react.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This looks just like the ps4 os is really. I'm back to thinking this is all fake. Infact it's probs just an early dev build?

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
This looks shabby enough to be real. Usually people make it look super fancy when leaking, so I'm on #TeamRéal.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
XMB. 😍

But I agree with you, it's probably the dev UI. Look at all those old icons that you don't need to have redesigned for dev work.

Dalto11

Oct 27, 2017
Posted this in the other thread and on reddit, as people on the PS5 subreddit mentioned they were skeptical because there was a mouse present in the photos. The pictures are seemingly taken of a screen showing a pop out photo view of an archived chat - not sure what messaging platform. But you can see "Archived Chats" above the first of the three pictures in the darker part of the top of the photo, and a russian name at the bottom of the third. So the mouse is just on the computer they took a picture of. Wouldn't be a leak without terrible quality photos.